>> LFC ONLINE HOME

Go Back   LFC Online > Liverpool Forum > Football Forum
Register Blogs Calendar Mark Forums Read

Football Forum Chat about Liverpool Football Club or anything else football-related.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
  #46  
Old 8th October 2013, 10:50 AM
n4c's Avatar
n4c n4c is offline
fast improving
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wu View Post
But he's had plenty of chances to impress and show he deserves more and failed miserably so far this season. For an 18 year old he is getting a lot of opportunities.

He did start in the league cup too, didn't he?
He played wellagainst Notts County

You seem to have an axe to grind with him?
  #47  
Old 8th October 2013, 10:50 AM
Mr Wu's Avatar
Mr Wu Mr Wu is offline
混蛋
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Deadwood
Posts: 3,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4c View Post
Wasn't an excellent summer transfer window, don't think anybody has said that. Looks like it may be a decent one though

Picking who looks to be our worst signing and comparing with what appears to be the best value signing someone else has made doesn't really show anything.
Nailed it

We don't even know if the other player was interested coming here. All I read is how players and other people convinced him Tottenham was the best move for him. Who's to say we weren't one of the clubs he considered
__________________
If you read this you love Brendan Rodgers
  #48  
Old 8th October 2013, 10:52 AM
Mr Wu's Avatar
Mr Wu Mr Wu is offline
混蛋
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Deadwood
Posts: 3,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4c View Post
He played against Notts County

You seem to have an axe to grind with him?
Not really, I'm sorry it it seems that way. I don't dislike him. I just don't rate him very highly, but certainly see a future for him at the club. There is a lot of work to be done though.

If anyone offered 10mill or more for him, would you take it?
__________________
If you read this you love Brendan Rodgers
  #49  
Old 8th October 2013, 11:00 AM
anderson's Avatar
anderson anderson is offline
First Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wu View Post
Another reason why it wouldn't be wise to loan Sterling. It can't be better for him to move away from the club, friends and family with his tendency to get into trouble
Might be exactly why it's good for him.
  #50  
Old 8th October 2013, 11:02 AM
n4c's Avatar
n4c n4c is offline
fast improving
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wu View Post
Not really, I'm sorry it it seems that way. I don't dislike him. I just don't rate him very highly, but certainly see a future for him at the club. There is a lot of work to be done though.

If anyone offered 10mill or more for him, would you take it?
10m no, because it's not very much for an English attacking player these days.

He seems to have regressed in the last year, first 3 or 4 months of last season he was in the team in merit and was our best attacking player after Suarez (remember all the 'pay him what he wants' posts on here when his contract extension was dragging on?)

He could go either way but there's a player there

Sterling is getting questions over whether or not he will make it, whilst players like McLaughlin and Texeira are being talked about as exciting players for the future, yet Sterling is younger than them. Easy to forget how young he is, could be 8 or 9 years before he peaks!
  #51  
Old 8th October 2013, 11:39 AM
PeterMbangala's Avatar
PeterMbangala PeterMbangala is online now
First Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wellington, NZ
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson View Post
Might be exactly why it's good for him.
Completely agree. Send him to Norwich, nothing happens there, and he can concentrate on playing football every week.
__________________
"Never have I hunted down a 5050 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not fucking laughing now, are you, you soft cunt?'"
  #52  
Old 8th October 2013, 12:02 PM
North Wales Red's Avatar
North Wales Red North Wales Red is offline
First Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 18,329
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMbangala View Post
Completely agree. Send him to Norwich, nothing happens there, and he can concentrate on playing football every week.
What about the pedestrianisation of Norwich high street?
__________________
" He describes his personality as Scottish. "
  #53  
Old 8th October 2013, 12:23 PM
PeterMbangala's Avatar
PeterMbangala PeterMbangala is online now
First Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Wellington, NZ
Posts: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Wales Red View Post
What about the pedestrianisation of Norwich high street?
Don't get me started!
__________________
"Never have I hunted down a 5050 tackle with greater appetite. 'You're not fucking laughing now, are you, you soft cunt?'"
  #54  
Old 8th October 2013, 02:03 PM
nickJFT96's Avatar
nickJFT96 nickJFT96 is offline
First Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wu View Post
What does this prove in regards to sending him on loan? You think it will be less trouble if we send him away? Yes or no

Oh, and did you just turn into Moe?
Would playing regular first team football benefit him and us?

YES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4c View Post
Wasn't an excellent summer transfer window, don't think anybody has said that. Looks like it may be a decent one though

Picking who looks to be our worst signing and comparing with what appears to be the best value signing someone else has made doesn't really show anything.
http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=175647

Vast majority were pleased with us spending money for the sake of it.

Spending 8m on Aspas was idiotic at the time. As was spending 8m on a 5th choice CB who isn't even ready for the first team.

Don't think you need to look at Eriksen to know that money would have been better spent elsewhere.
  #55  
Old 8th October 2013, 02:14 PM
n4c's Avatar
n4c n4c is offline
fast improving
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33,127
Aspas looked like he 'could' be a decent signing. His record in La Liga was good last year, people who watch Spanish football like Sid Lowe spoke highly of him. V early days still of course so he could come good, but no team ever gets all new signings right, 50% success rate in the transfer market and you're doing very well

With Cissokho coming back, we could soon have 4 or 5 new signings as first choice. That's pretty good
  #56  
Old 8th October 2013, 02:30 PM
nickJFT96's Avatar
nickJFT96 nickJFT96 is offline
First Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4c View Post
Aspas looked like he 'could' be a decent signing. His record in La Liga was good last year, people who watch Spanish football like Sid Lowe spoke highly of him. V early days still of course so he could come good, but no team ever gets all new signings right, 50% success rate in the transfer market and you're doing very well

With Cissokho coming back, we could soon have 4 or 5 new signings as first choice. That's pretty good
I think we have very different ideas about what a decent signing looks like. A 26 yr old who has had 1 year in top flight football doesn't fit that profile for me.

Thankfully some of our other signings have been a hell of a lot better but I'd say only Mignolet and Sahko actually strengthen the first team. Don't know who the other 3-4 players are.
__________________
"Don't drink and drive but if you do, call me."
  #57  
Old 8th October 2013, 02:31 PM
nickJFT96's Avatar
nickJFT96 nickJFT96 is offline
First Team
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,351
Oh yes Moses as well. Pity we didn't get an option to sign him on a permanent deal though.
__________________
"Don't drink and drive but if you do, call me."
  #58  
Old 8th October 2013, 02:40 PM
Gaz_86's Avatar
Gaz_86 Gaz_86 is offline
First Team
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,912
Blog Entries: 1
He'll never be good enough to regularly play in our 1st team
__________________
Somebody gonna get litt up
  #59  
Old 8th October 2013, 02:47 PM
LFC1982's Avatar
LFC1982 LFC1982 is offline
First Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 603
We don't know how good any of these signings are until they've had at least 6 to 12 months to settle in. Whinging about Eriksen is pointless, if you joined the masses then we should have gone for Lamela as well...and he's not exactly pulling up any trees atm. What was he bought for? 30m?
  #60  
Old 8th October 2013, 04:12 PM
n4c's Avatar
n4c n4c is offline
fast improving
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 33,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickJFT96 View Post
I think we have very different ideas about what a decent signing looks like. A 26 yr old who has had 1 year in top flight football doesn't fit that profile for me.

Thankfully some of our other signings have been a hell of a lot better but I'd say only Mignolet and Sahko actually strengthen the first team. Don't know who the other 3-4 players are.
Toure, Moses and maybe Cissokho
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
suso

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:21 AM.

Liverpool FC News | Liverpool FC Forums | Liverpool FC Views | Liverpool FC Shop | Liverpool FC T-Shirts | Liverpool FC Quotes
Liverpool FC Songs | Liverpool FC History | Liverpool FC Manager Archive | Hillsborough Tragedy

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LFC Online 2014