>> LFC ONLINE HOME

Go Back   LFC Online > Liverpool Forum > Football Forum
Register Blogs Calendar Mark Forums Read

Football Forum Chat about Liverpool Football Club or anything else football-related.

Closed Thread

Old 8th October 2013, 10:50 AM
fast improving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wu View Post
But he's had plenty of chances to impress and show he deserves more and failed miserably so far this season. For an 18 year old he is getting a lot of opportunities.

He did start in the league cup too, didn't he?
He played wellagainst Notts County

You seem to have an axe to grind with him?
Old 8th October 2013, 10:50 AM
混蛋

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4c View Post
Wasn't an excellent summer transfer window, don't think anybody has said that. Looks like it may be a decent one though

Picking who looks to be our worst signing and comparing with what appears to be the best value signing someone else has made doesn't really show anything.
Nailed it

We don't even know if the other player was interested coming here. All I read is how players and other people convinced him Tottenham was the best move for him. Who's to say we weren't one of the clubs he considered
Old 8th October 2013, 10:52 AM
混蛋

Quote:
He played against Notts County

You seem to have an axe to grind with him?
Not really, I'm sorry it it seems that way. I don't dislike him. I just don't rate him very highly, but certainly see a future for him at the club. There is a lot of work to be done though.

If anyone offered 10mill or more for him, would you take it?
Old 8th October 2013, 11:00 AM
First Team

Quote:
Another reason why it wouldn't be wise to loan Sterling. It can't be better for him to move away from the club, friends and family with his tendency to get into trouble
Might be exactly why it's good for him.
Old 8th October 2013, 11:02 AM
fast improving

Quote:
Not really, I'm sorry it it seems that way. I don't dislike him. I just don't rate him very highly, but certainly see a future for him at the club. There is a lot of work to be done though.

If anyone offered 10mill or more for him, would you take it?
10m no, because it's not very much for an English attacking player these days.

He seems to have regressed in the last year, first 3 or 4 months of last season he was in the team in merit and was our best attacking player after Suarez (remember all the 'pay him what he wants' posts on here when his contract extension was dragging on?)

He could go either way but there's a player there

Sterling is getting questions over whether or not he will make it, whilst players like McLaughlin and Texeira are being talked about as exciting players for the future, yet Sterling is younger than them. Easy to forget how young he is, could be 8 or 9 years before he peaks!
Old 8th October 2013, 11:39 AM
First Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson View Post
Might be exactly why it's good for him.
Completely agree. Send him to Norwich, nothing happens there, and he can concentrate on playing football every week.
Old 8th October 2013, 12:02 PM
First Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMbangala View Post
Completely agree. Send him to Norwich, nothing happens there, and he can concentrate on playing football every week.
What about the pedestrianisation of Norwich high street?
Old 8th October 2013, 12:23 PM
First Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Wales Red View Post
What about the pedestrianisation of Norwich high street?
Don't get me started!
Old 8th October 2013, 02:03 PM
First Team

Quote:
What does this prove in regards to sending him on loan? You think it will be less trouble if we send him away? Yes or no

Oh, and did you just turn into Moe?
Would playing regular first team football benefit him and us?

YES.

Quote:
Wasn't an excellent summer transfer window, don't think anybody has said that. Looks like it may be a decent one though

Picking who looks to be our worst signing and comparing with what appears to be the best value signing someone else has made doesn't really show anything.
http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=175647

Vast majority were pleased with us spending money for the sake of it.

Spending 8m on Aspas was idiotic at the time. As was spending 8m on a 5th choice CB who isn't even ready for the first team.

Don't think you need to look at Eriksen to know that money would have been better spent elsewhere.
Old 8th October 2013, 02:14 PM
fast improving

Aspas looked like he 'could' be a decent signing. His record in La Liga was good last year, people who watch Spanish football like Sid Lowe spoke highly of him. V early days still of course so he could come good, but no team ever gets all new signings right, 50% success rate in the transfer market and you're doing very well

With Cissokho coming back, we could soon have 4 or 5 new signings as first choice. That's pretty good
Old 8th October 2013, 02:30 PM
First Team

Quote:
Aspas looked like he 'could' be a decent signing. His record in La Liga was good last year, people who watch Spanish football like Sid Lowe spoke highly of him. V early days still of course so he could come good, but no team ever gets all new signings right, 50% success rate in the transfer market and you're doing very well

With Cissokho coming back, we could soon have 4 or 5 new signings as first choice. That's pretty good
I think we have very different ideas about what a decent signing looks like. A 26 yr old who has had 1 year in top flight football doesn't fit that profile for me.

Thankfully some of our other signings have been a hell of a lot better but I'd say only Mignolet and Sahko actually strengthen the first team. Don't know who the other 3-4 players are.
Old 8th October 2013, 02:31 PM
First Team

Oh yes Moses as well. Pity we didn't get an option to sign him on a permanent deal though.
Old 8th October 2013, 02:40 PM
First Team

He'll never be good enough to regularly play in our 1st team
Old 8th October 2013, 02:47 PM
First Team

We don't know how good any of these signings are until they've had at least 6 to 12 months to settle in. Whinging about Eriksen is pointless, if you joined the masses then we should have gone for Lamela as well...and he's not exactly pulling up any trees atm. What was he bought for? 30m?
Old 8th October 2013, 04:12 PM
fast improving

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickJFT96 View Post
I think we have very different ideas about what a decent signing looks like. A 26 yr old who has had 1 year in top flight football doesn't fit that profile for me.

Thankfully some of our other signings have been a hell of a lot better but I'd say only Mignolet and Sahko actually strengthen the first team. Don't know who the other 3-4 players are.
Toure, Moses and maybe Cissokho
Closed Thread