Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: CL Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    9,163

    CL Thread

    Er...

    Benfica 1-0 Dortmund
    PSG 4-0 Barca

    What the heck happened there?!
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Er...

    Benfica 1-0 Dortmund
    PSG 4-0 Barca

    What the heck happened there?!
    When it comes to Barca, their midfield didn't turn up at all and PSG played with some of the attributes of a Benitez Liverpool side having a boss European night out.

    Dortmund won't panic - but for Aubameyang having a rare night of poor finishing, they probably win that game 3-1.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    25,995
    Oh nice, just realised Leicester play Sat away at Millwall in the Cup then away to Sevilla on the Wednesday in the Champions League before playing us on the Monday, would have been better if it was a Saturday game v us mind

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Byron Bay Australia
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Oh nice, just realised Leicester play Sat away at Millwall in the Cup then away to Sevilla on the Wednesday in the Champions League before playing us on the Monday, would have been better if it was a Saturday game v us mind
    Confidence should be low after sevilla give them another pasting too

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    back arse of nowhere Ireland
    Posts
    8,288
    What a game last night Barca crushed by PSG 4-0.
    Barca didn't look like they were up for it at all. Tactically exploited also.
    Messi a liability on the right wing ! Didn't look like a happy camp.

    PSG put in the workrate to grab a well deserved victory. Bussing it with a compact 631/64 out of possession, the breaking swiftly on the counter, pressing the Barca CBS too. High press to bus they worked there arses off in atlethi fashion. Good night for dimaria veratti and rabiot.
    Tie over.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10,965
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Tie over.
    Can you imagine the Camp Nou if Barca managed to get, say, 2 goals in the first 25 minutes?

    Would be a fun watch!

    If PSG score one, Barca are going to need six. Insane.

    Where will Barca go next management-wise? Eusebio Sacristan at Sociedad used to play for them and has coached their B Team, so that would make sense.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    What a game last night Barca crushed by PSG 4-0.
    Barca didn't look like they were up for it at all. Tactically exploited also.
    Messi a liability on the right wing ! Didn't look like a happy camp.

    PSG put in the workrate to grab a well deserved victory. Bussing it with a compact 631/64 out of possession, the breaking swiftly on the counter, pressing the Barca CBS too. High press to bus they worked there arses off in atlethi fashion. Good night for dimaria veratti and rabiot.
    Tie over.
    Normally id agree but stranger things have happened than Barca thumping a team by 4 or more at home. Does seem a long shot though admittedley. Id like to see them do it. Barca the only twam i can see to stop Real winning it again but that Barca team might be coming to its end. Suarez will have done 3 seasons there by end of this one. Maybe he might think its time to come home!?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    9,163
    Hmm, not going well for Arsenal. 4-1 Bayern.

    Elsewhere Real lead Napoli 3-1.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Khazad-dm
    Posts
    9,163
    Sigh. 5-1 Bayern.
    Etiamsi omnes, ego non

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    663
    Make that 5-1 Bayern! Arsenal self-destructed in the 2nd half.

Similar Threads

  1. Rugby thread
    By CCTV in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29th June 2016, 04:27 PM
  2. Match Thread
    By Martyboy in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 26th April 2016, 01:50 AM
  3. The I was right thread ... Part IV
    By dicko1969 in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20th March 2016, 09:31 PM
  4. Music thread
    By Balinkay in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 2nd November 2015, 12:06 PM
  5. cfc v lfc match thread
    By CCTV in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: 10th May 2015, 09:44 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •