Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Southampton - League cup

Your team v Southampton - League cup

Mignolet

Clyne Lovren Klavan Milner

Wijnaldum Stewart Can

Lallana Firminho Origi
    "My biggest mentor is myself because Iíve had to study, so thatís been my biggest influence.Ē

Sorry Stewart Can and Origi will be simply too tired to play, they're not all young and fit you know?

Besides, I don't think them 3 deserve to even start, utd next or not shocking last game

I'd go with that, although Klopp is suggesting he'll stick with Karius between the sticks. doubt he's very tired after Plymouth.

Also Coutinho could get "minutes"! but Matip still not ready yet.

The press say Southampton have a similar injury tally to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Sorry Stewart Can and Origi will be simply too tired to play, they're not all young and fit you know?

Besides, I don't think them 3 deserve to even start, utd next or not shocking last game
    Who do you suggest instead? usually i'd say give the youth players a chance but...

The thought of going into an away leg of a cup semi final, with a choice of either Stewart or Lucas in the centre of midfield doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The thought of going into an away leg of a cup semi final, with a choice of either Stewart or Lucas in the centre of midfield doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
    Either that or stick Milner in the centre and keep Moreno left back

Well, Hendo's out, so it was either

Wijnaldum Can Lallana in midfield or Stewart playing

I guess we could go

Mignolet

Clyne Lovren Klavan Milner

Wijnaldum Can Lallana

Firminho

Origi Sturridge

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Who do you suggest instead? usually i'd say give the youth players a chance but...
    Maybe we can just play all the defensive players we can and park the bus? with sturridge up top incase of a counter attack?

Play for a famous 0-0 draw away from home, then again we'd probably still concede so don't think it would happen... we're no plymouth

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe we can just play all the defensive players we can and park the bus? with sturridge up top incase of a counter attack?

Play for a famous 0-0 draw away from home, then again we'd probably still concede so don't think it would happen... we're no plymouth
    If we're going to go all clever and tactical like that I'd rather we go and get away goals and then sit back at home.
    Last edited by stevie harkness; 9th January 2017 at 07:43 PM.

sunday's game is far too big to be risking any of milner, firminho, clyne or lallana. put the kids out and try to win it in the second leg.
    i'd take 3 points against utd over getting to the final of this tin pot cup any day of the week